Thank you for your service!
We are Your Military Relocation and Real Estate Experts
One of our greatest sources of professional pride is helping our active duty and veteran United States military families find the home of their dreams in Jacksonville. We know the complexities and swift nature of resettling your family and are dedicated to helping make the often painful process as joyful as possible.
We know that the military and civilian worlds are very different and we have years of experience in guiding veterans and active military families through the home-buying process. Jacksonville is a proud military city and we can’t wait to get you settled and grounded in your new community.
VA Home Loan
The VA loan is a mortgage loan that is guaranteed by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). American veterans, military members currently serving in the U.S. military, reservists, and select surviving spouses can take advantage of this program to purchase a home. That home can include, single-family, condo, multi-unit properties, manufactured homes, or new construction. The VA does not originate loans but sets the rules for who may qualify, issues minimum guidelines and requirements under which mortgages may be offered, and financially guarantees loans that qualify under the program.
VA loans are available to all military branches, both active and veteran. Why do our active duty and veteran military home buyers prefer the VA home loan over all others?
- Eligible homebuyers are NOT REQUIRED to have a down payment.
- VA Home Loans DO NOT have private mortgage insurance (PMI)
- VA in FL allows a loan amount up to $548,250 – you can get as much as you can qualify for, you may only encounter a limit when purchasing a second home or if you have a blemish on your benefits
- Less stringent qualification requirements
- Lower minimum credit score requirements
- 100% financing of a home purchase
- Most VA loans are 30 year fixed rate loans at interest rates comparable to conventional 20% down loan programs
- Closing costs can be paid by the seller
- VA benefits can be used for more than one home
- FL also gives Tax Breaks for disabled veterans
Here are some common Myths about the VA Home Loan. Let’s share the Facts!
- MYTH: “You can only use the VA loan to purchase your first home”.
FACT: You can use your VA benefit multiple times.
- MYTH: “Sellers won’t accept an offer because they have to pay points”.
FACT: Sellers can pay for closing costs but it is NOT a requirement.
- MYTH: “A spouse’s income can’t be used to help qualify for the home”.
FACT: Yes it can. It just needs to be stable and consistent.
- MYTH: “There is always a funding fee with the VA loan”
FACT: Veterans with a 10% or greater disability rating are exempt from paying the funding fee.
*Loan limits do change, please reach out to a VA lender to get the most current numbers.*
Are you ready to Buy or Sell? We’re ready to help you! Give us a Call Today & Check Out our Listings to start your search.
Info. Obtained: valoansflorida.wpengine.com